The aim of the course is to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to use programmable logic controllers (PLCs) to control technical devices and systems. The training is based on Siemens PLC and a local network Ethernet the PLCs with the main sensors and actuators. There are two types of training: initial and additional. Each of the courses consists of 40 teaching hours within one week. Graduates receive a certificate of skills for working with Siemens PLC.
Course objectives are:
- Getting insight and information about modern control devices and software, providing configuration, programming, debugging, and operational monitoring;
- To realize PLCs on their own for discreet control and analogue regulators and on their basis – control systems;
- Obtaining skills to self-handle errors in discrete and analog control schemes.
After completing the course, the specialist is capable:
- To use the basic methods and means of obtaining, storing and processing information, to use the computer to create PLC-based controlled systems;
- To motivate the acceptance of a specific technical solution for the creation of electrical equipment and controllers of technical devices and systems;
- To participate in debugging and testing of electrical equipment and technical objects and systems.
As a result of the course, the specialist should know:
- Purpose, Elementary Base, Characteristics and Functional Capabilities of PLC;
- The main PLC programming languages.
As a result of the completion of the course the specialist should be able to:
- Use information technology in its subject area;
- Select the type of controller and the necessary expansion modules, configure, program and fix the errors for a specific object.