The course is intended for initial training of helicopter team members in normal conditions and in the event of accidents that are formed on permanently non-attendant helipads on board marine mobile platforms and ships.
As a result of the training in the course, successful graduates should:
- are familiar with the basics of the international helicopter training and service requirements;
- are familiar with the operational requirements for maritime mobile platforms and ships
- know the configuration, designations and facilities of on-board helipads;
- know the basic design and operational capabilities of helicopters used at sea;
- know the specific emergency procedures and safety measures;
- are able to safely engage in helicopter operations;
- know and use emergency communication signals.