After Completing, the course provides continuing of the competency and certificates regarding “Advanced Fire Fighting“, whose validity expires or has expired.
The course is according to Regulation I/11 and Chapter А-I/11, para. 2 in connection with section А-VI/2, para. 6 and A-I/2, para. 6 of STCW’78, as ammended.
Sefarers who have successfully completed the course, to refresh and establish their knowledge and skills, regarding successfully executing their duties organizing the actions regarding Fire Fighting. The course is also designed to introduce learners to changes in regulations in this area and, innovations in the methods, and use of equipement. After successfully passing the course the Maritime Administration can reissues the professional competence certificate.
1. Observe the rules for safe working conditions in the BMTC building, the fire-fighting ground and the training ground for practical training.
2. Strictly follow the safety instructions of the course leader and instructors.
3. Use only the roads marked and indicated by the instructors to the areas of practical training.
4. In case of an accident or observed irregularity, immediately inform the responsible instructor or the course leader.
5. In the event of an accident during the course, report it immediately to the instructor or course supervisor and call an ambulance.
6. Inform your instructor or FireFighting Ground Staff immediately about difficult access to the training areas. 7. At the practical classes you must wear overalls and work shoes, as well as the helmets, life jackets and gloves provided by the BMTC.
8. Wearing protective clothing for practical training is mandatory for all students, as indicated by the instructors. Checks on protective clothing (completeness of the set, tightening, etc.) are made according to the instructions of the instructor and is the responsibility of the student.
9. Installation of breathing apparatus (SCBA) is performed under the guidance and supervision of instructors. Checks on breathing apparatus (completeness of the set, tightness of the mask, pressure of the air bottles and air permeability) is according to the Manual and instructions of the instructors and is the responsibility of the student.
10. Students undertake to keep the equipment and facilities provided for the purposes of the course.
11. Students must be involved in the preparation, transportation and collection of equipment and facilities used for the course.
12. Students are prohibited from arbitrarily using the equipment and facilities provided during the course, as well as their use not for training purposes.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
1. It is Mandatory to attend and actively participate in the learning process.
2. During the practical classes to be provided with work clothes, shoes.
3. During the practical classes they must use the gloves, helmets and life jackets provided by the BMTC.
4. In the breaks, do not leave the FireFighting Ground area.
5. Do not talk on a mobile phone during classes.
6. Do not take photos and movies in the area of the Training Ground by any means.
This course can be carried out and in English or Russian language, price 270BGN.